- Beer..."a high and mighty liquor." -- Julius Caesar (100-44 BC)
- It is my design to die in the brew-house;
let ale be placed to my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come,
they may say, "Be God propitious to this drinker." -- Saint Columbanus (540-615)
-From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world. -- Saint Arnoldus (1040-1087)
- Whoever makes a poor beer is transferred to the dung-hill. -- Edict, City of
- It is better to think of church in the ale-house than to think of the ale-house in church. -- Martin Luther (1483-1546) -
-The selling of bad beer is a crime against Christian love. -- Law, the City of
-Wine is but single broth, ale is meat, drink, and cloth. -- 16th Century English Proverb
-For a quart of Ale is a dish for a King. -- Shakespeare (A Winter's Tale, c.1610)
-I would give all my fame for a pot of ale and safety. -- Shakespeare (King Henry V, c.1600)
- Of beer, an enthusiast has said that it could never be bad, but that some brands might be better than others. -- A. A. Milne (1882-1956)
- Fermentation and civilization are inseparable. -- J. Ciardi (1916-1986)Και φυσικά το all-time αγαπημένο μας και στολίδι του Στύλου:
He who drinks beer sleeps well.
He who sleeps well cannot sin.
He who does not sin goes to heaven.
-- Unknown German Monk